Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Allison Spivey checks in with the team from the Dominican Republic!

HOLA from the Dominican Republic! I just wanted to drop a note and share some of my wonderful experiences here in the Dominican Republic! This is a special place and the people here are warm and welcoming....just like Greenville! But I certainly miss seeing all of my teammates and coaches every day. I am thinking and praying for each of you and talking a lot about all of you down here in the Dominican.

The people think it's really cool that I play for a university. It has given me time to reflect and makes me think how blessed we are to be able to simply read, write and go to college. That is something we should never take for granted, because not everyone has the opportunity to do that! Also, we are truly fortunate to be able to represent a university with our talents.

For the most part, women down here only work in the house and definitely don´t participate in sports. So, I am grateful to learn more about other cultures and at the same time share my experiences with the people down here. When they saw me play for a little bit they said..WOW you play like a man! Haha, just imagine if they saw the whole team playing together, they would be blown away! I hope one day they may get the opportunity to check out a game - perhaps online!!! Keep working hard and I am looking forward to sharing some pictures and more stories upon my return....Adios!

Con Amor,
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment