Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kristine Speaks!

With the 2011-12 season just days away, your Pirates are ready to set sail towards a Conference USA championship. Sophomore Kristine Mial offers some words of wisdom as the opener at College of Charleston approaches.



When I first decided to come to ECU, I thought it was just another opportunity to play ball and learn. I knew I could live up to my potential under this coaching staff, but overall I was looking at the big picture as just basketball. Now that I am here, I see it is more than that.

We have a family here at East Carolina. It's not just a few coaches and some players thrown out on the court to get a job done. Since being here, I've built new relationships and have become part of something big. Everyone has two feet in with all eyes set on the same goal.

We have fun, work hard and Coach Macy brings it all together. Through everyday motivational talks before practice and through our "thought of the day," we all stay focused and inspired. With all the right ingredients in place here at ECU, all I see is success in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment