Friday, November 16, 2012

Meet the Pirates: Lindy Zamora







About Lindy

Full Name:
Belinda Arleen Zamora
Nickname: Lindy
Date of Birth: May 16
Alma Mater:
UCLA – Bachelor’s Degree in English


Favorites

Athlete: Chuck Finley, Sandy Koufax, Nolan Ryan
Sports Team (besides ECU): Los Angeles Angels and Chicago Cubs
Movie:
The Blues Brothers
Food: Mexican or Cheeseburgers
Thing about ECU: the people – staff, coaches, student-athletes


Getting to Know Lindy

What’s on your iPod? Everything from Oldies to Country to Rock ‘n’ Roll to Rap
Hobbies:
Watching Sports or Movies, Listening to Music, and playing with my kitty, Lilly Lou
Interesting fact about myself:
I’ve lived in four states (CA, IL, TX and NC) and traveled to 23.
Any brush with greatness?
I met Kareem Abdul-Jabbar when he spoke at my college graduation and I met (and took a picture with) John Wooden while I was in college
My favorite summer activity was:
Driving cross country with my brother, Jesse, from Redlands, California to Greenville, North Carolina
Other than basketball, I like to:
watch sports and talk to my family on the phone
Not many people know that I:
saw Mark Buehrle’s perfect game live in Chicago in 2009.
If I could compete in the Olympics in any sport other than basketball it would be:
Volleyball
The thing I like most about the team is:
the camaraderie and dedication to play their best
If I could write the headline for this season is would be:
Pirates Win C-USA Championship, Head to NCAA Tournament
What made you choose ECU:
The people, the campus, the facilities, and the feeling of knowing it’s the right place for me
What impresses me most about Coach Macy is:
her dedication and passion
My goal for the 2012-13 season is:
an unforgettable season filled with victories and a conference championship


Three Pointers

If I could have dinner with three people it would be:

1. My abuelita (great-grandma) who passed away before I was born
2. John Wooden
3. LA Angels owner, Arte Moreno

Three words to describe me:
1. Happy
2. Goal-oriented
3. Friendly

If I were granted three wishes, they would be:
1. To see all of my relatives who have passed away
2. To make a positive difference in the world
3. For my family to be healthy and happy


On the Pirates, who is…
Most likely to find her nose in a book? Coach Heather Macy
Team Mom? Ashley Anderson
The team clown?
Tatiana Chapple
A morning person? Nicole Mealing
The dancing queen?
Celeste Stewart
Most likely to win “The Voice”?
Elise Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment