Saturday, November 3, 2012

Meet the Pirates: Ollin Dunford







About Coach Dunford

Full Name:
Ollin Dunford
Nickname:
Coach “O”
Date of Birth:
May 21
Alma Mater: Mars Hill College – Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology and Psychology
Grad School: Virginia Tech – Master’s Degree in Sports Performance


Favorites

Athlete: Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Kobe Bryant
Sports Team (besides ECU):
Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Lakers
Movie: 300, Gladiator, Troy
Food: Fried Fish / Seafood
Place on campus:
Minges Coliseum
Thing about ECU: our players and the fans


Getting to Know Coach Dunford

What’s on your iPod? Fred Hammonds, Wale, Dwele, Raheem Devaughn
Hobbies:
Fishing, reading and spending time with my wife and daughter
Interesting fact about myself:
I played two sports in college (basketball and football)
I got my start playing basketball in the:
first grade
The best moment of my ECU basketball career so far:
the first day of practice
My favorite summer activity was:
cookouts at Coach Macy’s
My favorite ECU team other than women’s basketball is:
Football
Other than basketball, I like to:
hang out with my wife and daughter
Not many people know that:
I used to be a model
If I could compete in the Olympics in any sport other than basketball it would be:
Beach Volleyball
The thing I like most about the team is: their character. We have great kids!!
What made you choose ECU?
Coach Macy
What impresses me the most about Coach Macy is:
her heart and her passion
My goal for the 2012-13 season is:
C-USA Championship
If I could play one-on-one with anyone it would be:
Magic Johnson


Three Pointers
If I could have dinner with three people it would be:

1. Daniel from the Bible
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Tony Dungy

Three words to describe me would be:

1. Enthusiastic
2. Determined
3. Passionate

If I were granted three wishes, they would be:
1. Health for my family
2. My wife and I to be able to hang out every day
3. Everyone to be able to feel love for at least one day


On the Pirates, who is…
Most likely to find her nose in a book? Coach Heather Macy
The Team Mom?
Celeste Stewart
A Fashionista?
Chanel Green
Most likely to be found practicing in the gym on off-hours?
Kyani White
The team clown? Tatiana Chapple
A morning person? Ariana Jackson
A night owl? Kristine Mial
The dancing queen? Abria Trice
Most likely to win “The Voice?”
Elise Shelton
Most likely to lend a helping hand? Coach Rachel Stockdale

No comments:

Post a Comment