Monday, October 29, 2012

Meet the Pirates: Whitny Edwards







About Whitny

Full Name:
Whitny Nicole Edwards
Parents’ Names:
Theodore and Valerie Edwards
Date of Birth: October 9, 1989

Favorites
Athlete:
LeBron James
Sports Team (besides ECU): Miami Heat
Movie: Love and Basketball
Food: Grilled chicken and pasta
Place on campus:
Joyner East


Getting to Know Whitny

Hobbies: Reading and watching movies
Interesting fact about myself:
I like to eat ice cream with a fork
I got my start playing basketball:
on a team when I was eight or nine years old
My favorite summer activity was:
working at my new jobs
The best thing about playing in Minges is: the atmosphere
Other than basketball, I like to:
read, watch sports and movies
If I could compete in the Olympics in any sport other than basketball it would be:
Tennis
Not many people know that I: was born in Salt Lake City, Utah
The thing I like most about my team is:
we are a family
Favorite Coach Macy saying:
Grind together, shine together
What made you choose ECU?
My parents went here
What impresses you most about Coach Macy?
Her passion!
My goal for the 2012-13 season is: win a championship
Community Service moment to remember:
Kayaking on the Tar River. It was my first time kayaking.


Three Pointers
Three words to describe me would be:

1. Friendly
2. Sarcastic
3. Caring


On the Pirates, who is…
Most likely to find her nose in a book?
Britny Edwards
The Team Mom?
Celeste Stewart
Most likely to be found practicing in the gym on off-hours?
Ariana Jackson
The team clown? Tatiana Chapple
A night owl? Ariana Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment